Friday, December 21, 2012

On The Menu: Sugar Cookies

Sugar Cookies

Heat oven to 375 degrees.

3 Cups Flour
1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
2 Sticks of Butter, softened but firm
1 Cup Sugar
1 Egg
2 Teaspoons Almond Extract

Whisk together dry ingredients in a separate bowl; cream together butter and sugar in a mixer on the low setting. Add egg and almond extract and mix until creamy. Add dry ingredients to the mix. 

Once dough forms, shape into a ball and refrigerate up to an hour. 

Once chilled, remove and cut out. Bake for 8-9 minutes (depending on your oven settings). 

I prefer chewy, cakey cookies so my cookies are pretty thick; for my perfect cookie, the key is to leave it in there just long enough to bake, but not quite to the point where it's beginning to brown.

Then I add icing (4 Cups Confectioner's Sugar, 3 Tablespoons Meringue Powder, 5 Tablespoons COLD water... some people prefer to use warm water, but I've personally always had it turn out better with cold.).

Then I almost pass out from the buttery, sugar goodness.

Have the loveliest of days!


1 comment:

  1. You, my sister, make the BEST sugar cookies in the WORLD!!!!! BRING ON STRAIN FAMILY CHRISTMAS AND YOUR SUGAR COOKIES!!!!

    ReplyDelete