Thursday, October 4, 2012

My Most Favorite Part

First a short announcement: I have a camera, and a Mac (and I specify this as I have been working on a PC for the last few weeks which I am SO thankful to have had, but HALLELUJAH I HAVE A MAC AGAIN!)! I am complete (more on this in the future as well).

I'm ending this little series on Love with my most favorite verses of the chapter.

"it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.
Love bears all things;
believes all things;
hopes all things;
endures all things."

And I'll just throw the next one in for good measure... "Love never fails...".

The first verse in this section is a reminder to me that I don't have to love, like, or even tolerate wrongdoing, but I can rejoice in truth, that's actually what Love calls me to do. I don't have to believe the lies that someone else believes that enables them to behave or act in a way that is wrong, evil, or even wicked.

What I can do is practice patience.
I can be kind.
I can plead with everything in me that I would be covered in humility and that it would spill out of me allowing me to empathize with the ill soul in my path.
I can rejoice in the truth that Love bears all things; believes all things; hopes all things; endures all things... and I, Nicole, don't have to. I can, and NEED, to practice each of those things, but I am not Love. Love can only work through me. And Love never fails.

Whew!

These haven't just been posts for me, just something to write about. It rarely ever is. I've been walking through these words. I've been testing them and feeling them. And it's been hard, and wonderful. This post has certainly been one that has shaken the depths of my own soul. My Mother-in-law used to say, "Ooh, I wish I could just shake her/him!" and it always made me kind of giggle... but I get it. Sometimes you need a good shake.




No comments:

Post a Comment