Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Gratitudes: Day 19

My {deceased} mother-in-law's sisters come to visit us each Summer,
and bring two of the grandkids with them.
They're only here for a few days, 
so the time is spent well swimming, playing, eating together,
and then doing it all over again the next day!

Of course, seeing them makes me think of my mother-in-law.
Today, however, one of them was riding down the Lazy River
at the local water park with my niece
and it was as if I was watching my mother-in-law with her.

It was one of those double-take moments;
creepy and wonderful all at the same time.
She would have loved this season of life so much,
so seeing something so real
just really made my heart smile.

So, today I'm thankful for the short time I had with her;
and I'm so thankful that her sisters make the long drive here to love on us for a few days
and give us glimpses of her every so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment