Sunday, June 17, 2012

Gratitudes: Day 17

Today, I am thankful for dads.

My dad made my childhood magical;
poured wisdom and truth into me as a teenager;
does everything he can to drive me crazy as an adult...
my heart just about busts when I think about how much I love this man.

My father-in-law has the most genuine heart of anyone I've ever known;
his corny jokes crack me up;
my husband is growing up to be A LOT like him...
and I love that.

My step-dad loves my mom in a way that no other does...
and that makes my heart happy on so many levels.
His eagerness to live life with us just makes me smile.

My brothers and my brother-in-law...
my heart skips when I see them with the little loves of their lives.
They're naturals.

And my husband...
the way he tenderly loves our daughters makes me melt;
the connection he has with our baby boy leaves me in awe;
I knew he would be an amazing dad,
but seeing that potential turn to reality is mind-blowing.
He is so incredible and
I'm so thankful to be the one by his side through this season of life.





No comments:

Post a Comment