Monday, October 3, 2011

Whirlwind of Perfection

This last weekend was possibly a little much... 
but I loved every moment of it.

Friday night began this weekend whirlwind with a maternity photo session 
with my youngest brother and my sister-in-law.
Perfection almost doesn't even come close to describing the evening.
We went to a local wildlife preserve right as the sun was setting;
little brother and sis looked like they had walked straight out of a Gap window,
and we had one of Grandma's patchwork quilts...
yeah... I know... perfection.

Every single photo I took that night is a favorite,
but I did manage to choose some that captured the best of the evening.



Went home that evening and got in a little time with the husband,
who had all the kids in bed... asleep.
Oh, yes! Perfection, indeed.

The next morning, I woke up bright and early giddy with anticipation of THE BARN SALE.
As I had mentioned, I did not know what to expect.
When we (a friend of mine and one of the sisters... oh yeah, and my little guy!) finally arrived
(it was about a thirty minute drive...
okay, okay an hour for us because we were talking so much we missed the exit!),
it looked amazing.
The first booth we saw was filled with quilts;
the next was Antique Wonderfulness overload;
jewelry, handmade crafts, soaps, woodwork,
and food baked by the members of the local Mennonite Church...
uh, yeah, you know where I'm going with this...
PERFECTION!!

And the barn... oh, the beautiful old barn!

Here are a few pics of it since a few of you were interested.
Also, they'll be doing this again in the Spring, so if you're local look them up on the ol' FB and 'like' them for updates.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hesston-KS-Barn-Sale/143612805676778



Uh, yeah, and see that awesome cart looking thing that those baskets and lamps are on??
My friend snagged it for the steal of the century.

Afterwards, we headed to another little town for lunch where I had the most amazing
MACARONI AND CHEESE
I've ever had in my life!
And once I settled down from that,
we headed to a little Antique shop that blew my mind.
It was filled with so many wonderful treasures I had to stop a few times to catch my breath.


Here are a few of the treasures I ended up with from the day's hunt:


An old vintage suitcase (which was a steal!), an old crate, a cast iron set of utensils, and my friend ended up getting me the "S" (which I loved, but just couldn't make the decision to shell out the $3!).

Came home to my Loves and enjoyed fellowship that evening with our church family...
perfection.

The next day brought more photo sessions and my faves from those will be making their way here later in the week! Stay tuned.






No comments:

Post a Comment