Tuesday, October 11, 2011

And I'm back!

So, remember when I mentioned about the 
Whirlwind of Perfection weekend 
being a bit too much??
Yep, it was.
That, plus having to visit the germ-ridden office of our Family Physician,
not just once, but TWICE in one week...
for the SAME THING
(which wasn't even a sickness!!)...
hit my immunity system like a tornadic terror
(just thought I'd stick with the storm terminology here).

I was so sick.
I mean... SO SICK.
As in, my husband had to stay home two days from
work just so there was a functioning adult
maintaining the chaos that dwells here.
It was a terrible virus...
I'll spare the details.
After a couple days, the medicine finally kicked in enough
to allow me to function, but still feel sick.
So, I had to take things into my own hands.

Say hello to my little friend.
Our blender died a few months back, 
and I wasn't too quick to get a new one... 
until this last weekend when I wanted this.
This little smoothie is PACKED with immunity boosting nutrition.
The little ladies and I drank one almost everyday last winter,
(1) because it's good,
(2) because it is seriously SO GOOD for your immune system.

I pour a little bit of orange juice and milk in my blender;
throw in several handfuls of spinach;
 add a pear;
throw in a few red grapes;
and I blend away.

And here are the benefits:
Not From Concentrate Orange Juice - Vitamin C;
Milk - Calcium and Vitamin D 
(plus I'm not a big milk drinker, so I sneak it in whenever possible);
Spinach - SUPER FOOD!! Spinach has so many health benefits,
however, I use it in this for the iodine, which helps strengthen the immune system;
Pears - another SUPER FOOD! Pears are also so beneficial to your health, 
again though, I use them in this for the immunity booster;
Red Grapes - help fight viruses and some bacteria.

And you can't even taste the spinach.

I've had one two days in a row now and I feel like a new person... 
or at least my old self
(which is why I'm up blogging, instead of nestled in my bed!).

So, back to life.
I finally finished editing last weekend's photo sessions.
Here are some of my faves:


Goodness, that face!


Such a funny family... seriously.
Working with kids always makes me move a little more quickly,
however, sometimes no matter how quickly I move,
they're just not havin' it!
And that lends for great shots like this:

Ha! I love it.

And just for kicks, here's a little peek at this week's project:


A few sweets for my Sweets!
These will soon be adorning the heads of my little munchkin ladies.
They asked for some new headbands and bows...
so I cannot disappoint,
nor can I pass up the opportunity to CREATE!

Holla!
(I don't even know where that came from, so this seems like a good time to just stop.)


1 comment:

  1. Ooooor, we could just get together the next time I'm in Wichita to visit my family.... Just sayin! I'm all about gettin' crafty!!

    ReplyDelete